Primary purpose of the role
The Account Manager (AM) will report to the Sales Director. The AM will be responsible for developing and maintaining relationships that Semantico has with existing clients (with a focus on STM) in the UK and Europe in order to retain and maximise their revenue contribution to Semantico.
The Account Manager may also be responsible for carrying out direct sales activities to create new revenue opportunities in the UK and Europe in accordance with agreed business plans.
- Sales Director (UK).
- Sales and Account team (UK and US).
- Heads of PM and Development (UK).
Key responsibilities and tasks
- Manage the relationships between Semantico and Semantico’s clients as per the AM’s client roster.
- Act as the client’s representative within Semantico.
- Identify opportunities to grow existing accounts in order to maximise the revenues from those accounts to agreed targets.
- Work with Project Managers and the delivery team to aid in the smooth and timely delivery of client products.
- Work with the sales team to help identify and win new business opportunities.
- Maintain accurate and up to date records of opportunities in Semantico’s CRM system.
- Provide regular reports on account activities and other relevant management information as agreed with the Sales Director, some of which information will inform Semantico’s resourcing plans.
- Ensure the provision of detailed cost estimates and work order documentation in response to customer requirements in a timely manner, and follow these up by email, telephone and personal visits as appropriate.
- Liaise with and attend meetings with other company functions necessary to perform duties and aid business and organisational development
- Travel to and attend publishing industry events and functions within the UK, Europe and the US as appropriate.
- Establish and maintain strong client relationships through regular close contact account management which will include regular face to face meetings, telephone and email communication.
- Have a thorough understanding of clients business objectives including their Return On Investment (ROI) objectives to sell the appropriate solution.
- Ensure you manage expectations of all stakeholders (Internal and external) within projects.
- Ensure account plans for each client are created and are updated including all current and relevant information concerning the client and their project(s).
- Perform against agreed account plans and revenue targets whilst managing and protecting margin.
Scale and territory indicators
- Target accounts: List assigned and reviewed by UK Sales Director.
- Target sector: STM.
- Typical account value £100k – £300k pa.
- Territory: UK, Europe.
Knowledge and skills required
- Experience of the STM academic publishing sector.
- An independent self-starter able to work on their own initiative.
- Experience of managing and growing mutiple client accounts within an STM publishing environment.
- Experience of managing and delivering digital products to market within an STM publishing environment.
- Excellent presentation, listening and consulting skills to board level.
- Strong commercial acumenExcellent at developing rapport and building relationships at all levels.
- Strong ability to prioritise with strong planning & delivery skills.
- Practical experience of anticipating the changing needs of customers and clients.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Ability to be the commercial lead in a project using own initiative and working as part of a team.
- Ability to identify and close business opportunities.
- Ability to have a strong impact and influence key client decisions.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills both written and verbal.
- Strong listening and questioning skills.
- Ability to effectively manage external and internal relationships, promptly respond to queries, ensure promises are kept and manage expectations.
- Ability to analyse results, identify and explain any variance from revenue targets.
- Ability to identify a clients key business objectives and propose solutions.
- Strong motivation and a positive approach to researching and analysing new business opportunities and working with the wider team where appropriate.
- Ability to cope with conflicting demands and to prioritise tasks.
- A positive attitude to dealing with people.
- Ability to work as a part of a team, contributing and sharing best practices/ knowledge / resources and ideas.
- Understanding of the importance of demonstrating respect and confidentiality regarding the client and Semantico information.
- Ability to identify issues and propose solutions before the client brings them to our attention.
- Degree or equivalent experience.
What we offer you:
- 35 hours working week (Monday-Friday) at our centrally located head office.
- A competitive salary.
- Other benefits including: 31 days holiday (inclusive of public holidays), a contributory pension, cycle to work scheme, free fruit, relaxed dress code, childcare vouchers and the best coffee in Brighton!
How to apply:
Send your CV, a covering letter, details of your salary expectations and your availability to start to: Semantico HR
Due to the anticipated high volume of applications, we regret that we will only be able to contact those who are invited for interview.
We will not accept any applications from recruitment agencies.