Primary purpose of the role:
- To plan the delivery of Semantico digital projects.
- To lead the delivery of Semantico digital projects from conception through to operations.
- To be responsible for the delivery of projects to schedule, budget and scope.
- To be responsible for leading customer communications on project related issues.
- To be responsible for meeting key project management KPIs on project and service delivery.
- Semantico customers.
- Delivery Director.
- Programme Manager.
- Resource / Traffic Manager.
- Technical Team Leads.
- Account Managers.
Key responsibilities and tasks:
Project leadership and governance
- To be accountable to the relevant project steering group and client for the leadership and delivery of each project or programme as assigned, on time, to budget and to scope.
- To provide the driving force and leadership of the project teams which are composed of a matrix of skills from the delivery and operations teams.
- To apply Semantico standards and guidelines in in project management techniques, methodology and tools.
- To provide regular reports of progress and be accountable for the accuracy of project information.
- To be responsible for the production of project plans / schedules suitable to the scale of each project to Semantico standards.
- To manage projects within commercial tolerances set by the business and/or steering group.
- At the earliest opportunity to flag opportunity potential project overruns and/or provide exception reports to the business and/or steering group.
- To recognise and flag potential project risks to the business and/or steering group.
- To flag any change of scope and required effort to the business and/or steering group and to be accountable for managing change to the project within contractual and commercial constraints.
- To ‘own’ project documentation and communication records; to ensure all documentation is complete to Semantico standards and stored in such a way as to accessible to the business at all times.
- To ensure that handover of projects to Customer Support is to agreed standards and criteria.
- To ensure internal project handovers (for reasons of holiday cover of changes in the roster) to be competed thoroughly and in good time.
- To build and maintain an excellent working relationship with the Traffic Manager.
- To be responsible for providing Traffic Manager with resource requirements for projects.
- To be responsible for informing Traffic Manager of any changed or changing resource requirements.
- To ensure both the project participants and client act in accordance with existing contracts.
- To ensure best service and value from suppliers under existing or new contracts.
- To be fully aware of and fully conversant at all times with project-related commercial agreements as defined in contracts, work orders and change requests.
- To devise and implement effective stakeholder communication strategies designed to engage, inform and influence.
- To present accurate and clear information and data to every level of the organisation and client as required.
- Own and manage key relationships with internal and external stakeholders “on the project”.
- To respond to customers’ project-related communications in a timely manner and in line with agreed communication strategies for the project in hand and in line with KPIS as set down by the business.
Experience and skills and abilities: essential
- Worked as a project manager in a 100% customer and commercially focused digital agency or vendor environment.
- Have >5 years experience in digital project management.
Skills and abilities
- Excellent prioritisation, time-management and decision making skills.
- People management and negotiation.
- Ability to think creatively to arrive at workable solutions under pressure and to multi-task.
- Knowledge of typical project management methodologies, frameworks and processes used in the design and development of information systems.
- Knowledge of project management activities and typical associated tools and documents to support the full project life cycle.
- Experience and proven track record in delivery of complex technology projects with budgets for £50K to £500K.
- Direct experience in working with multi-disciplinary teams, e.g. Business Analysis, Testing, Developers.
- Ability to apply attention to detail across multiple projects to ensure project and business aims are being met.
- Knowledge and experience of applying quality management principles and practice into a project management process.
- Planning and organisation: able to think ahead in order to establish an efficient and appropriate course of action for self and others. Prioritise and plan activities taking into account all the relevant issues and factors such as deadlines and resources.
Experience and skills and abilities: desirable
- Experience with waterfall and agile project management methodologies.
- Experience with Jira / Atlassian products.
- Worked within the scholarly publishing sector.
- Knowledge of / interest in issues relating to academic research and dissemination of academic research.
- Experience of working in a fast growing and fast changing business.
- Strong integrity and excellent personal judgement.
- Communication: an excellent communicator who is able to vary their verbal and written style whether communicating with directors or employees.
- Inspiration: able to inspire a shared vision, encourage consensus with the strategic direction and approach for the project.
- Integrity: able to set and demonstrate the standard for quality standards and our corporate standards.
- Enthusiasm: a positive ”can do” approach despite the challenges is essential.
- Empathy: presence of the emotional intelligence to engage and motivate individuals to succeed.
- Delegation: able to trust delegates to deliver tasks whilst maintaining high standards of quality.
- Calmness: able to calmly handle tight time-lines and the adverse events and issues that may threaten the delivery of a project and maintain a calming influence on the project team.
- Team building skills: understanding of the processes and dynamics that turn groups of individuals into a single cohesive unit.
- Flexibility: adapts and works effectively with a variety of situations, individuals or groups.
- Able to understand and appreciate different and opposing perspectives on an issue, to adapt an approach as the requirements of a situation change, and to change or easily accept changes in one’s own organisation or job requirements.
- Customer orientation: works with clients and customers to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolves their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and service; is committed to providing quality products and services.
- Innovation: comfortable with constant innovation in processes and products; able to move outside ‘accepted norms’ where necessary to achieve innovative solutions.
- Degree in Computer Science, Digital Media or related degree or equivalent experience.
- Project management qualification(s).
What we offer you:
- 35 hours working week (Monday-Friday) at our centrally located head office.
- A competitive salary.
- Other benefits including: 31 days holiday (inclusive of public holidays), a contributory pension, cycle to work scheme, free fruit, relaxed dress code, childcare vouchers and the best coffee in Brighton!
How to apply:
Send your CV, a covering letter, details of your salary expectations and your availability to start to: Semantico HR
Closing date for applications: midday 18th August 2014
Due to the anticipated high volume of applications, we regret that we will only be able to contact those who are invited for interview.
We will not accept any applications from recruitment agencies.