Java Developer Role
We are looking for two talented developers, one permanent, one on a three month contract, who have extensive on-the-job experience and a proven track record of successful delivery of software solutions as well as expertise in the latest techniques and methodologies, and the ability to work with colleagues (including technical support), management and end users.
In addition, we will also require the following skills and experience:
- Experience of working in a fast-paced, multi-project environment, collaborating with other Developers, Account Managers, Scrum Masters, Product Owners and clients to deliver top-quality software
- A working knowledge of the Spring Framework
- Understanding of IoC and DI
- Familiarity with Java Persistence API (JPA)
- Unit and Integration testing using JUnit or TestNG
- Knowledge of SQL database systems such as PostgreSQL, MySQL, Oracle, SQL Server or SQLite
- Experience of the Linux/Unix environment
- Experience with version control systems such as Git or Subversion
- Knowledge of web servers and application servers such as Apache Tomcat or Jetty
In line with all developers at Semantico, you will be expected to have an interest in object-oriented and domain driven design, and data modelling. You also need knowledge of Java and Servlet APIs; using Java for writing web based applications; knowledge of unit and integration testing using Junit or TestNG; knowledge of SQL database systems such as PostgreSQL, MySQL, Oracle, SQL Server or SQLite; and knowledge of web development technologies such as HTTP, HTML and CSS.
As a growing company with over fifty staff in our offices in Brighton where the role is based, every member of our team is valued and invited to have a say in the future of the Semantico technical strategy. We also believe in training – each staff member has their own training budget – and promoting from within, so this is an ideal environment if you are always looking to learn something new and want to build on your career.
We offer a generous salary and flexible working hours. Other benefits include an individual personal training budget as well as internal training programmes, a 35 hour week, and, depending on your employment status, non-contributory pension, 31 days’ holidays inclusive of bank holidays and increasing with service to 36 days’ leave, Cycle to Work scheme, childcare vouchers, various fresh coffees available in our two kitchens and fruit delivered to the office.
To apply for either role, please read the full job description before sending in your CV and a cover letter that states which position, permanent or fixed term, you wish to be considered for, your salary expectations and why you feel you are suitable for the role, to HR@Semantico.com.
We will endeavour to reply to all applicants to advise whether or not they have been invited to interview.