Semantico was founded in 1999 by a group of people from publishing backgrounds excited by the potential of digital technology.
Here’s our vision statement:
- We aim to be the partner of choice in helping clients realise the full potential of internet technologies for delivering digital information services
- We work to make information ever more discoverable, more useful and more valuable
- We embrace a future vision of a networked world built on intelligent information services
- We aim continuously to improve the quality and effectiveness of our products, processes and services. Hand in hand with this goes our belief in continuous learning and developing the skills and competencies of our people
- Our company culture is inclusive, co-operative and consultative. We work to minimize the environmental impact of our activities, and strive to be a socially and ethically responsible employer
Corporate social responsibility statement
We actively investigate new ways to improve the quality and effectiveness of our products, processes and services; and we work to minimize the environmental impact of our activities to be a socially and ethically responsible employer.
Semantico in the community
Semantico is proud to support local initiatives and groups that reflect our ethos, values and have a link to our core business. We contribute to these organisations through sponsorship and through the support of our partners and staff who participate in these activities. Our sponsorship of the Brighton Mini Maker Faire is a good example of this.
We support education through sponsorship and have recently provided prizes for a computer science course at the University of Sussex. Our intern scheme is a successful and integral part of our business, and we have employed talented students from across the globe, many of whom have returned to us post-degree.
Our environmental policy
We believe that we should operate in an environmentally conscious manner. Our objective is to minimise the impact of our business activity on the environment, and so we actively reduce, reuse and recycle materials and resources wherever possible.
Our ethical policy
We strive to maintain the highest level of professional integrity with regard to our clients, staff, strategic partners, and suppliers.